Hi all! It is your friend myjah filling in for Tawny here, as her internet is on the fritz. Anywhere, here are the links:
- Parker Hageman from Twins Daily caused a bit of an “uproar” this weekend when he sent out a couple tweets suggesting Jose Berrios may be using a foreign substance on the ball. Both the Pioneer Press and Star Tribune picked up on the story and ran with it, which Hageman apparently didn’t intend to be that big of a deal.
@TedSchroeppel Certainly doesn't merit two separate mainstream articles in one market, that's for sure.— Parker Hageman (@ParkerHageman) May 15, 2017
- When asked about Hageman’s observations, Jose Berrios explained, “I don’t care what he says. It’s sweat (mixed) with the dirt. I touch my hat. There’s sweat on my hand. I use the rosin bag and dirt.”
- Michael Tonkin cleared waivers Saturday night and was outrighted to Triple-A Rochester.
- Our friends over at D-Rays Bay made an excellent post trying to rank each MLB team by frustration level. It’s pretty cool and scientific, and the Twins rank nicely.
- Did you know Taylor Rogers had a twin named Tyler Rogers and he pitches in the Giants system? They could both be pitching in the majors soon. Also, dear god, do not ever name your twin sons Taylor and Tyler.
- Beyond the Box Score does not think Miguel Sano is for real.
- Brandon Kintzler is apparently always a work in progress. On Friday he made some tweaks to a diving split-changeup he developed last season, and they worked out pretty well. He also mixed in some four-seam fastballs, which is a pitch he used to rely on in the minors but had shelved for awhile. He put both the Indians batters in order in the ninth inning, so hey! Whatever works.