Welcome to Tuesday! Here are your links:
- Travis Sawchik of FanGraphs has a really, really great interview with Byron Buxton and you just have to read it. Buxton talks about anxiousness at the plate and what he’s doing to overcome it. Also, Miguel Sano does a funny.
- Speaking of Miguel Sano, Fangraphs also has a piece on him murdering baseballs.
- Our friends at Bless You Boys recently did a round up of the AL Central Division, and boy are they kind to Joe Mauer. They are also baffled by the Twins being in first place, of course.
- Did you know minor leaguers use a different baseball than big leaguers? Jose Berrios talked with Mike Berardino of the Pioneer Press about the adjustments he has to make because of it, and Paul Molitor also mused whether it is a frustration for the recently-demoted Kyle Gibson (though he did strike out ten batters yesterday).
- Here’s another really interesting interview with backup catcher Chris Gimenez. He talks about communication with teammates, analytics, and more.
- In case you missed it, Manny Ramirez hit his first home run for his new Japanese team last week.