How about that Ervin Santana? Anyway, last Friday I asked you all, the good people of Twinkie Town, what the biggest surprise of the 2017 Twins season has been. It could be anything at this point, really.
At least six of you responded with FanPosts, and each with (mostly) different answers. Here’s what you said:
- For Asthix, the biggest surprise of the season is the vastly improved defense—and they are pretty excited about it! “The Twins have been so exciting that I have actually started buying baseball cards again,” Asthix wrote. “The very 1st card in the 1st pack I opened this year was an absolutely beautiful shot of Jose Berrios striding out to the mound with Target Field is sharp relief behind him.”
- JoetheMauler (lol at the user name, btw) wrote that the biggest surprise now is that the Twins are good. “I'm so confused... I thought we were the worst team in baseball... What happened? What do i complain about now?” Hey—you can always still complain about Joe if you want!
- NJG319 wrote about the Twins DFAing Danny Santana. I don’t know if they are surprised about it or just stating it again for good measure, but they made a fan post and I’m including it here, gosh darn it. Also, the post includes a very important poll.
- CG19 had a similar surprise, but with a wider scope. For CG19, the biggest surprise has just the short leashes the new front office has given the likes of Danny Santana, Kyle Gibson, Michael Tonkin, etc.
- by jiminy (and yes, the “by” is part of the user name) wrote a really great post about the resurgence of Miguel Sano. And yes, jiminy is surprised, because he had this nightmare that Sano was going to be like another player and... god it’s bad I don’t even want to type it. Read his post.
- For JoeMama2196, however, the biggest surprise about the 2017 Twins is still the 2016 Twins. HOW WERE THEY THAT BAD?
What has been the biggest surprise of the 2017 Twins season so far for you?
This poll is closed
Vastly improved defense
That the Twins are good
Danny Santana getting DFA’d
Shorter leashes for crappy players
The resurgence of Miguel Sano
The 2016 Twins being THAT bad
Other (comment below)