Have some links, but first have some embedded youtube video of music I like.
- MLB.com’s Jim Callis writes that the Twins appear ready to draft Vanderbilt righty Kyle Wright #1 in the upcoming amateur draft. This is contrary to plenty of others who feel that flamethrowing high-schooler Hunter Greene is the real #1. The Twins here are essentially picking a higher floor over a higher ceiling, though both obviously have high enough ceilings to be top-of-the-draft talent.
- In Boston Globe’s Nick Cafardo’s recent article, a tidbit near the bottom mentions that “teams expect the Twins to make Ervin Santana available.” I really truly wonder how true that is, because I do not like it.
- If the Twins are real enough to not sell is apparently a big enough subject around baseball that the NY Times wrote about it.
- Mike Berardino reports that the Twins are prioritizing nutrition this year, as to make sure no players get scurvy over a long season. Or maybe some real reason that isn’t stupid.
- MLB games are getting longer, and the main culprit is the Rays. HUH! WHO KNEW?