The Last Thunder Dump!
This is the last Thursday Thunder Dump. After looking at my news dumps as a weekly chore lately, I’ve come to the conclusion that doing these posts are now... Well, I’ll let British butter spokesperson, Johnny Rotten and the rest of the Pistols explain:
First, my sincere thanks to myjah for giving me the space to do TTD’s all this time. They were a blast to do, but time has a way of eroding things and I feel like I need to move on from them. Don’t worry though, wherever birds are attacking Denard Span, I’ll be there. Whenever someone asks, “What’s Manny Ramirez up to?” Well, I’ll be there. And wherever a Japanese angler fish mascot regurgitates its own skeleton, I’ll be there too, just not on Thursday Thunder Dump.
If you didn’t like TTD, some other Twins news link will replace it that you’ll like better. If you did like them, thanks and be happy - TTD’s rotting corpse will nourish the blowflies and buckthorn brambles for years to come!
Twins of the Caribbean: Curse of the Punto
In case you haven’t heard, the Twins will play two games in San Juan, Puerto Rico against the Cleveland Indians early in the 2018 season on April 17-18. The Twins will be considered the “home” team. They have three players that are from the island; Jose Berrios, Kennys Vargas and Eddie Rosario. The Indians’ Francisco Lindor is from there too.
Pay off your Student Loan with your Prince Umbrella
City Pages is reporting not everyone is treasuring their purple Purple Rain rain umbrella they got as a giveaway at a Twins game celebrating Prince last Saturday. Many are showing upon eBay, most are going for $150 but one college student was asking for $25,000. He must have gotten a really, really good one.
- Phil Hughes “was sharp” pitching a scoreless inning in Rochester yesterday and was feeling fine. He’ll pitch another session today. Rotowire speculated he may be moved to the bullpen when he returns.
- Hector Santiago pitched 3 scoreless innings in his 1st and maybe last outing in AAA yesterday. Hector said he thought he could’ve come off the DL earlier but the Twins were being cautious. He could return to the Twins lineup on Monday.
- Glen Perkins was shut down for a week with bicep tendinitis. It’s another set back for The Perkinator.
- Justin Haley is set to face live hitters (the dead ones are too easy) for the 1st time tomorrow since being put on the DL. If that goes well, he’ll get a rehab assignment soon.
YOU’VE BEEN THUNDER DUMPED! 3/4
Target Field’s Hidden Treasure
Cut4 has six hidden ballpark treasures and one is at Target Field. No, it’s not Carl Pohlad’s rumored secret vault of gold coins and art the Pohlads acquired from Depression era foreclosures. It’s Sue Nelson, the organist at the Two Gingers Pub in Target Field. Mystery solved. Now, where the heck is Two Gingers Pub?
Butera vs Dozier Flip Off
Royals Twitter account was showing off Drew Butera’s hair flip a few days ago.
Few things are as timeless as the @drewbutera hair flip. #RaisedRoyal pic.twitter.com/wVxy4rIurB— #VoteHos (@Royals) June 20, 2017
Luv ya Drew, but I think Doze did it better.
Let's try it again, presenting the Brian Dozier hair flip: http://t.co/V3CUnPpbbz— Minnesota Twins (@Twins) July 22, 2013
Tim Tebow’s Impressive Bat Flip
VIDEO: Tim Tebow's bat flip and strikeout in HD. Even more impressive when you can actually see how far that thing flies pic.twitter.com/aOYlctOs5X— Daren Stoltzfus (@DarenStoltzfus) June 18, 2017
GoGo’s New Kicks
Cut4 has a video of former Twin and current Texas Ranger, Carlos Gomez wearing his new Superman shoes and hitting a home run against the Blue Jays on Tuesday. Is kryptonite on a baseball considered a foreign substance?
SBN A.L. Central Roundup
- Bless You Boys - The consensus seems to be it’s time for the Tigers to sell.
- Let’s Go Tribe - A story about Jose Ramirez and some (not so) serious weirdness.
- Royals Review - It’s
time for the Royals to sell... not so fast, buster.
- South Side Sox - They wonder who will get the Sox heart, kidneys and socks.
YOU’VE BEEN THUNDER DUMPED! 4/4
The big Finnisher