Hello! There’s no Twins baseball, but we still have links:
- Robinson Cano, who won the Home Run Derby in 2011, has long been a mentor for fellow countryman Miguel Sano. He also gave Sano advice before last night’s home run derby: “be patient” and wait for your pitch. Given the derby’s new timed format, which didn’t exist in 2011, that is actually really bad advice. Dang it.
- But there IS good news: Brandon Kintzler got a full refund on the cabin up north he had rented out for the All-Star Break. “They were Twins fans,” Kintzler explained.
- In case you missed it, the All-Star Game no longer controls home field advantage, and SB Nation cites the 1987 Twins as one of the reasons just trading off home field advantage isn’t even a more fair system. Yeah, well, Aaron Judge in the Home Run Derby isn’t fair either, so buck up, SB Nation!!!
- Did you know Miguel Sano has a nine-month-old son named Dylan Miguel? I feel like I’m always the last person to hear about these things.
- Sano also told the Star Tribune he wants to have more children: “We want to make more. Ten babies — maybe 10 babies.” Seems like a lot, but whatever blows your hair back, Miggy.
- Remember our old friend Livan Hernandez? He’s broke now.
- Are the Twins poised to be sellers at the trade deadline? Brian Murphy of the Pioneer Press thinks so. What about you?