Good morning and welcome to this thing! Your soundtrack today is a guy talking fast while music, perhaps coincidentally, happens.
- In case you missed it, Bartolo Colon will be starting for the Twins on Tuesday (A game I will happily be recapping) when they take on the Yankees, a team that includes Aaron Judge who is, I’m told, the second coming of Christ.
- Fox sports ranks the Twins walk-up songs. Max Kepler walking up to Sublime makes me have even more of a school-girl crush on him than I already did. Also Latin American music is the catchiest shit.
- We might have to come to accept that Glen Perkins may never pitch in a Twins uniform again. Sad to think because Perk is a really cool dude. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.
- This one is a bit old, but I just found it so here it is anyway: Jim Souhan wonders why this years Twins aren’t being taken to at the same level as the 2001 Twins. The 2001 and 2002 Twins are the teams that sparked an unending love for baseball in my young star-filled eyes, so I’m biased here. What do you think?
- Finally, Travis Sawchik over at fangraphs looks at the possible targets of the next MLB expansion. I think Mexico City has too many things going against it, but the idea of MLB slowly growing into a global league is really cool concept to me.
By the way, that song was actually from Digimon: The Movie.