- LENIII has a nice article about how the John Ryan Murphy trade helps top catching prospect Mitch Garver, along with other tidbits.
- Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that the Twins are definitely deadline sellers.
- Thad Levine commented on the Twins plans at the deadline, basically saying they’re looking more towards the future. This backs up the Cotillo story, as well. They stand by the Jaime Garcia trade, though.
Personally I think we need to get proven MLB players if we’re gonna trade Santana or Dozier. Otherwise I think you’re conceding 2018. The caveat is if you get an offer you can’t refuse, do it.
- Seth Stohs at Twins Daily looked at who the Twins might be selling here.
- Twins manager Paul Molitor gave his thoughts about the trade deadline rumors here. He seems to get a kick out of them.
- In happy news, Byron Buxton’s rehab assignment is off to a good start.
Song of the day:
Just the song that popped into my head when I was writing this.
Skeeter Davis - The End of the World