Hello! Here are today’s links:
- If the Twins beat the Indians tonight, and the Angels lose to the White Sox, the Twins can clinch the second wild card spot. Officially! Though I’m not sure both of those things are actually going to happen, at least today.
- Grant Brisbee wrote about the Twins! He even quoted one of the few relatively sane sentences I have written about the team this year. That’s crazy—but so are the Twins, I guess. Grant’s always funny.
- The Associated Press is also writing about the Twins. Everyone has Twins fever!
- Our friends over at Pinstripe Alley are totally worried about facing the Twins in the wild card game! Okay, maybe that’s an exaggeration, but they did look at MLB’s current wild card format and compared it to KBO’s format, which they suggest might be superior. That format would make it harder for the Twins to advance past the wild card round though, so I think it sucks. Interesting food for thought, in any case.
- Ft. Myers journalist David Dorsey caught up with recently-fired Doug Mientkiewicz and recently-fired minor league pitching coach Eric Rasmussen. Sounds like a lot of other organizations have been reaching out to Doug about new job opportunities.
- Seth Stohs over at Twins Daily interviewed Jonathan Rodriguez, the minor leaguer who hit a walk-off home run to give the Chattanooga Lookouts a co-championship.
- Fangraphs also just published a brilliant piece: “What if the Twins won the World Series?”
- And now the moment you’ve been waiting for: The Homer Hanky Song (I tried to find an embed-able version of this, I really did.)