Links, powered by kimonos and Cinnabon:
- Everyone at ESPN thinks the Twins are the most surprising thing about this season. Like, seriously, all of them.
- In their defense, though, the Twins roster is full of a bunch of kids who have somehow been getting the job done. Aaron Gleeman ran down all of the numbers the youngins’ have been putting up over on Baseball Prospectus.
- Brian Dozier, however, says to hell with the numbers, telling Salon: “We are in an age now when people only care about numbers and sabermetrics and analytics, but the only thing that matters is what you can’t put a number on and that is the team chemistry in the clubhouse... The heart that each of us have, we root and care about each other.”
- Ervin Santana explained further: “We treat ourselves like a family.”
- Speaking of family, Miguel Sano—who is still recovering from the stress reaction in his shin—is finally hitting off a tee, which I guess is technically considered a “baseball activity”.
- Brent Rooker, who mashed baseballs in his partial year in the Twins’ minors this season, drives a Toyota 4Runner with 110,000 miles on it and Doug Mientkiewicz raves about his power. What I’m saying is that Rooker is basically perfect. He can totally be part of the family.
- Did you know Marney Gellner is from North Dakota?