- Nick Nelson at Twins Daily makes a pretty convincing case that the Twins are going to sign Yu Darvish. I just hope they do it soon.
- Rhett Bollinger took a look at the current status of the Twins’ rotation, and thinks they could be quite good
- Meanwhile, Derek Wetmore doesn’t think the Twins should give any of the big-name pitchers their top rumored contracts. I see his point, but I think the Twins need to spend money at some point, and their window is opening
- At the big SBN site, they have an excellent long-form piece on the history of collusion in the MLB, and current Twins Skipper Paul Molitor gets some mentions for his role in the events around the 1990 lock-out. Also, Eff Bud Selig.
- If you speak Spanish, MLB Puerto Rico issued a promotional video for the upcoming Twins series against the Indians, starring JO Berrios, Eddie Rosario, and Kennys Vargas. i don’t speak enough Spanish to understand much of it, but it looks pretty cool.
- A big MLB agent is in hot water for putting a camera in his shower. Apparently it was found by an unnamed player. He’s been fired by his agency, and suspended by the MLBPA.
- Finally, Meg Rowley at Fangraphs explored the idea of a penalty box in baseball. It’s a good read, but I’m really just linking to it because of the GIF of Anthony Recker and his butt fighting the Philly Phanatic.
Someday I might make the soundtrack a song that isn’t older than I am. Today is not that day. Enjoy!