Here’s the links:
- Former Twins backup catcher Chris Gimenez signed a minor league deal with the Cubs yesterday. He’s close with top free agent Yu Darvish, and served as his personal catcher while with the Rangers. So, uh, is this a bad sign for the Twins?
- A report from Matt Ehalt of NewJersey.com claims the Mets are not “actively pursuing” a reunion with Bartolo Colon, but that smells kinda like BS to me. Remember how mad they were (for some reason) when the Twins signed Bartolo last summer? Plus, Ervin Santana recently talked to his fellow Dominican native and said the Mets had shown interest. lol, Mets.
- Tons of great quotes came out of the interviews conducted at TwinsFest last weekend. Tom Froemming gathered the best clips over at Twins Daily.
- MLB Network recently did a program counting down the top ten bat flips of all time, which is pretty cool that they are embracing the bat flip. Some people are pissed Jose Bautista’s flip from a few years back wasn’t number one, but I think MLB got it right.
- You can thank Michael Cuddyer for the Addison Reed signing (and also the quality of life in the Twin Cities).