We’ve got a few updates on the Yu Darvish offseason game of chicken, but not much:
- Jon Morosi is reporting rumors indicating the Twins are willing to offer Yu Darvish a five year deal, but the Cubs and the Dodgers aren’t willing to go that far... yet? Of course, keep in mind Morosi was also the one who said it was increasingly likely Darvish would sign “this week” a week ago.
- There’s speculation that Darvish’s top choice would be to return to the Dodgers, but the team would “need” to clear salary in order to sign him. The thought is that Darvish is waiting for them to do that, though it’s not clear if they can or actually will.
- So what if the Twins don’t land Darvish? Twins beat writer Rhett Bollinger has some ideas (though nothing too new).
- MLB owners are holding their annual owners meetings in Beverly Hills this week, and hopefully that can help get things FINALLY MOVING, though mega MLB agent Scott Boras isn’t so hopeful.
- Judd Zulgad of ESPN 1500 has a unique proposal: the Twins should sign Yu Darvish so distract us from all this depressing Super Bowl stuff. I mean... sure. Sounds easy enough.