- Old friend Chris Gimenez apparently retired the same day as Joe Mauer (missed that), and now has a fancy new job as a coach with the LA Dodgers for the 2019 season. Good for Gimenezz! Pretty sure you can’t call coaches into the game to pitch, though.
- Remember when people used to say the Twins had the ugliest stadium in baseball/ Well, first of all, screw those people, and second of all, Athletics fans can probably feel our mpain. Grant Brisbee wrote about the A’s fabulous new stadium proposal, though, and it is something to behold.
- Grant Brisbee also wrote about the five teams that should trade for Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt. Though the Twins were rumored to have shown interest, they didn’t, uh, make Brisbee’s list.
- Puckett’s Pond thinks the Twins should sign Jose Iglesias, and I kinda think, “eh”.
- Puckett’s Pond also thinks the Twins will non-tender Robbie Grossman this offseason, to which I think... “eh”.
I don’t think they let coaches pitch, either. Plus Paul Goldschmidt opinions, ugly stadiums, and more.
By Maija Varda