- The Twins officially signed a pitcher this offseason! Mike Morin, who has been an excellent Triple-A pitcher, and gotten a few innings with the Mariners will be joining the Twins on a minor league deal, with an invite to MLB camp.
- Nick Nelson looked at the Twins’ reported “strong interest” in Japanese pitcher Yusei Kikuchi. With the leftie having a past link to Thad Levine, and plenty of money to spend, could the Twins be players for another excellent pitching prospect?
- On the position player side of things, Matthew Lenz takes an excellent look at ahead at what 2019 might bring. Hopefully another signing or two will mix things up, but this is probably pretty close to the roster the Twins roll with.
- The Twins’ beat is continuing to turn over this winter. While not specifically assigned to the Twins, WCCO’s Mark Rosen is a familiar face to Twins fans. Rosen will be retiring on January tenth.
- MLB.com compiled sixteen minutes of the best baseball calls and moments of 2018. The perfect thing to combat the mid-winter blah’s, and start dreaming of warmer days ahead.
- The Atlanta Braves and Kevin Gausman made a parody of ‘Home Alone’ complete with baseball-themed booby traps at SunTrust Park. No, I didn’t know that was the name of the Brave’s home either.
The Twins just signed a reliever, and are interested in the best Japanese player coming over this winter. Plus a position preview, and a fond farewell.