- MLB’s Cut4 is already one of my favorite baseball-related corners of the internet, but they really hit this one out of the park. They believe the Twins will win the AL Central in 2019. This is partly due to the crumbling of Cleveland’s empire, but largely because they see a couple young Twins as potential break-out candidates. I hope it comes to pass, but what do you think?
- In order to get to that division crown, the Twins will definitely need to add some pieces. Seth Stohs took a look at where the Twins roster stands today, and what they need to accomplish still this offseason. It’s a great glance at the offseason needs for our favorite franchise, in case you haven’t paid a lot of attention since mid-July (which would be forgivable.)
- Maybe the Twins will set up the framework for some of these moves during the winter meetings? Craig Calcaterra gives us a look inside of the annual gathering of MLB executives, agents, reporters, and various hangers-on, which is scheduled to kick off in Las Vegas this weekend.
- Do you think one of the moves the Twins should make is a trade for Zack Greinke? You better hope the pitcher wants to be in Minnesota, because according to a report, he has the right to veto any trade to the Twins, as a part of his limited no-trade clause.
- Old friend Eduardo Nunez got hitched this weekend, and some big-time baseball people show up to the event. Congrats to our helmet-losing friend and his new wife!
Could the Twins win the AL Central in 2019? Some folks think so, but there is a lot to be done in the mean time.