Here are the links:
- Rob Manfred unveiled all of his new pace of play rules to be instituted for the 2018 season, and they are... not that bad? Mostly just cutting down on unnecessary mound visits. No pitching clock, which is cool, I guess? Would have rather had bullpen carts though.
- Newest Twin Jake Odorizzi is pretty happy to be on a contending team. “You don’t want a cloud hanging over spring training,” Odorizzi told reporters. “Optimism is what you want. Not a dark cloud.”
- If you were anywhere on social media, or watched TV, you’ll know Fergie sang the national anthem for the NBA All-Star Game Sunday night even if you don’t watch the NBA. Why? Because she was really, really bad. Apparently, the Triple-A Rochester Red Wings decided to have some fun with her performance.
- Old friend Ron Gardenhire is having a little trouble learning the names of all his new Tigers players, and the team is having a little fun with it.
- The Twins Cities’ local ABC affiliate sat down with recently-retired Glen Perkins and talked to him about life after baseball. Sniffles.