Baseball is back, and I’m just as happy as a jay...er... lark...er...ummm... which bird should that be, Gene? I’m mixing metaphor's again. Anyway...
- Gene Glynn, the Twins’ third-base coach and certified “one of us ™,” has an interesting hobby, and attendant nickname. Plus it lets Eddie Guardado prank him from time-to-time.
- Thad Levine seems to have suggested that the Twins decided against signing another pitcher, because they have... Phil Hughes? Derek Wetmore explained it a little more, but I still find this to be a bit absurdist. Meanwhile, LEN3 had a chat with Hughes that’s worth a read.
- Merritt Rohfling at Beyond the Box Score took a look back at Shannon Stewart’s 2003 campaign, his value to the Twins that season, and what it says about awards voting. It’s a good read too.
- Miguel Sano apparently gained weight this off season, which we all knew. I’m really linking it because Craig Calcaterra absolutely savaged Jim Souhan, and I think we all find that delightful.
- Deadspin apparently has a series tracking the travels and travails of old friend Engelb Vielma. There are anagrams, because why not.
You know what else spring training means? Lots of bus trips. So lets go with a great song involving a bus trip. Is that too much of a stretch? Whatever. I just wanted to use the song.