Here’s the links:
- Joe Mauer went to the Super Bowl on Sunday. Looks like he pulled out the wallet for the big seats too.
First Matt Birk, now Joe Mauer and wife Maddie (another Nativity grad)— Eric Kraushar (@ChanChaskaSport) February 5, 2018
Always makes me feel good when an old baseball teammate has more gray hair than me! pic.twitter.com/KloNSZVSnv
- They showed Joe Mauer on the Jumbotron during the game, but apparently no one recognized him. It was probably the most relieving moment of his life.
- It’s not surprising Mauer was at the Super Bowl in his home town, but did you know he was also at the Super Bowl in 2007 when Prince performed for the halftime show? I poop you not. He said this to Billboard: “I actually was there down in Florida when Prince did ‘Purple Rain’ in the rain. He was out there with the guitar goin’, it was absolutely awesome.” THAT IS A REAL QUOTE.
- Also, Mauer’s favorite Justin Timberlake song is the one from the Trolls movie, because of course it is.
- Mauer went to the Pink concert at the Armory last weekend before the game. Look at his hip red carpet look.
- And a little not Mauer-related thing for you to read: Evan Davis over at FanRag sports contends that Jose Berrios should be a full-fledged “Ace” next year.
- This has nothing to do with baseball, but an SB Nation writer in town for the Super Bowl ranked all of the Lids stores in Mall of America and this is supremely my kind of content.