What you need to know:
- PRETEND GAME: The Twins and Cardinals tied 3-3 in their Thursday exhibition game. Ehire Adrianza, likely fighting for a spot on the 25-man roster, belted a 2-run dong.
- TWEAKED: Mitch Garver, pegged as the team’s backup catcher, did something to his knee during a rundown in Wednesday’s pretend game versus Houston. Per LaVelle, he’s likely to get an MRI soon.
- THINGS THAT ARE BAD: Speaking of LaVelle, this tweet confirms you weren’t wrong about the Twins being bad at designated hitting in 2017:
Good grief. Twins DH's put up a .711 OPS last season. Only catchers (.703) were lower. That's about to change.— LaVelle E. Neal III (@LaVelleNeal) March 1, 2018
- BIG SEXY: Beloved former Twin Bartolo Colon is still at it, this time in Rangers camp.
- PLEASE, NO WAGERING: Beloved current blogger Aaron Gleeman takes a look at PECOTA vs. Vegas. They seem to agree on the local baseball franchise.
- RACISM? IN BOSTON? HUH: Minneapolis is far from the only place changing the names of things named after racists. The Red Sox are petitioning the city of Boston to rename Yawkey Way outside Fenway Park so it’s no longer named after the last MLB owner to integrate his team.
- MOLITOR ON MORRISON: The Twins manager seems pretty enthused about the team’s new power source. In an interview with Mike Berardino, Molitor also revealed that Logan Morrison will make his Twins debut today.
- DAILY TWINS NEWS FROM TWINS DAILY: John Bonnes made the trek to Fort Myers and is recapping the day’s events in audio form. Some call this a “pod-cast”, which is a very silly name, but whatever. It’s an excellent rundown of a busy day in Twins camp from the Giggly Godfather of the local Twins blogging community.