Here are the links:
- Apparently observers have been suggesting Max Kepler try to change his launch angle to hit home home runs, but Kepler is firmly anti-dingers. Kepler — are you even a Twins fan?!
- Hey, remember Willians Astudillo, the minor league catcher the Twins signed this off season who makes a ridiculous amount of contact? Well apparently he’s pretty, uh, round and Miguel Sano has started calling him “Colon.”
- Meanwhile, Ervin Santana flew to NYC yesterday so doctors could check out his injured middle finger. No word on how that went, however.
- Good news: It sounds like Ichiro Suzuki is close to a deal with the Seattle Mariners, ending our the long national nightmare that is the idea of Ichiro being forced to retire. The 44-year-old Japanese superstar has previously said he wants to play until he’s 50.
- Speaking of the off season market, John Bonnes is down in Ft. Myers, FL and recently spoke to MLBPA Executive Director Tony Clark. Bonnes has a really great blog post up about what he learned and what the MLBPA is doing to try and fix the situation.