Happy Thursday everyone! Here are a few things from around the internet:
- Mike Berardino talked to former Astros Jason Castro and Robbie Grossman about how the Twins young core is similar to Houston’s. I’m totally convinced there will be a parade in Minneapolis in November now.
- Apparently some Prince fans are upset at the Twins about the way they are handling the co-branded merchandise. I can’t say I disagree with the complaint.
- KSTP dug into their archives, and found footage of another outdoor baseball game played in snowy Minnesota. This time from a 34 degree April day at the 1962 Twins home opener.
- Puckett’s Pond thinks the Twins’ have a “closer-in-waiting” already in their bullpen. They think Ryan Pressly has the stuff to be the next ninth inning guy. I’d like to see more results first, but it’s something to think about.
- For a bit more of a frivolity, here is a ranking of Twins’ walk-up songs, courtesy of Brandon Warne.
Let’s consider this soundtrack thing to be a bit of homework this week. Apparently someone in the game thread the other day had never heard this song. That just don’t sit right with me.