Here are today’s links:
- Let’s just get this out of the way now: Byron Buxton fouled a ball off of his foot in his rehab start on Sunday, causing him to miss his rehab start on Monday. Though he no longer has a migraine issues, and x-rays came back negative, there’s a good chance Buxton’s return to the majors will not be when he’s eligible to return on Wednesday.
- Want to read another snotty article from the NY Post about how the Yankees just beat up on the Twins constantly? Okay, well then don’t read this one.
- In case you missed it, Brian Dozier has a 24-game hitting streak going, which is currently the longest such streak in the majors. One guy at the Yankees-Twins game last night apparently was not a big fan of this fact, sadly putting his jacket back on after Dozier hit an RBI single in the 5th inning.
- It also looks like ESPN needs a new in-game graphics guy. Or at least a proofreader.
- John Geiger over at Puckett’s Pond mercifully requests that the Twins end their Phil Hughes experiment. I say we try removing another rib first. What do you guys think?