- Lance Lynn has not been... that great. In fact, John Geiger II from Puckett’s Pond thinks he’s been a disaster. What do you think? Tom Schreier over at Zone Coverage is a little more optimistic about the situation, noting Lynn’s own frustration with his start to the season (there’s even video of Lynn talking!)
- It’s all about perspective! Mike Berardino had this fun little comment to add on Twitter:
Lynn could throw 3 straight CG SHO and his ERA would drop to 3.91.— Mike Berardino (@MikeBerardino) May 1, 2018
Still early. #mntwins.
- It really isn’t just Lance Lynn, though, since it seems like the whole team has been sucking. Seth Stohs wonders if all our pre-season optimism about the Twins was possibly really wrong.
- It would probably help if the Twins had their two injured stars — Byron Buxton and Miguel Sano — actually playing. Both have been recovering slowly from their respective injuries. In fact, things don’t sound good for Sano avoiding a trip to the DL.
- The Reds were in town last weekend, and so was our old friend Justin Morneau. Hence, Morneau sat down with Reds first baseman Joey Votto and had a chat, because they’re both Canadian and that’s what Canadaians do (I assume).
- In fact, Morneau was in town making his FSN color analyst debut over the weekend series against the Reds. What did you think of his performance? My friend Cooper Lund compared Morneau’s style to that of an NPR host.