Link me baby, one more time!
- Bobby “Easy Rider” Wilson has stepped up for the Twins since Jason Castro hit the DL. Jarrid Denney for MLB.com talked to Wilson and his teammates about how he has been helping the team out, and not just with the big home run the other night.
- The Twins had some kids draw Eduardo Escobar’s scoreboard picture for the game on Monday. The results are about as fantastic and absurd as you would expect. Cut4 examined where these images fit into the pantheon of classic art pieces.
- Speaking of Escobar, Aaron Gleeman wrote something one step short of a love-letter to the Big Horse. Gleeman looks at how the Twins’ ultimate utility player has transformed himself over the years, and how much of a trade steal he really was.
- USA Today listed off some young pitchers who have had immediate success this year. In case you hadn’t put it together, yes, they do include Fernando Romero. I’m a bit sad they didn’t include Stephen Gonsalves in their list of the next wave, though.
- CBS Sports thinks its up to you to save baseball. Their argument is that extreme changes to the game are likely to destroy it for the loyal fans, and a better solution to the problem of an aging fan base is for existing fans of the game to pass their love on to the next generation.