Here are the links:
- The inimitable Sid Hartman took a look at whether the Twins should be buyers or sellers, and then basically decided they don’t have to make that choice yet.
- At least one author believes the Twins don’t have enough time to make up for their first half in the playoff chase. The AL is a tough league this season, but Cleveland isn’t too far in front. Plus the Twins play Cleveland quite a few times still.
- Uber-prospect Royce Lewis was recently promoted to High-A Ft. Myers. Their local paper did a nice puff-piece on the young shortstop, and his down-to-earth personality. Plus there are Toby Gardenhire quotes. Is the younger Gardy as quotable as his father?
- If you’re looking for cheaply made, subpar chain pizza at Target Field, you have one less option. In the blow-back from the recent incident with the Papa John’s CEO, the Twins have ended their association with the brand
- And finally, I need to shake my fist at a cloud. The big SBN site profiled what they call “young fans” (read legal adults) who are borderline professional autograph collectors, at the All-Star Game. Maybe its just me, but I think this take away from the people who really are just collecting as a hobby, and especially the kids out there.