- Fangraphs has your weekly Willians Astudillo is interesting article. Might he be.....actually a good major league player???
- I still think Douglas Mientkiewicz should have been the Twins manager. Now he’s the manager for his hometown Toledo Mud-Hens! They are roughly about as good as the Twins, so hey! Way to go Doug!
- In “Oh god the ship is sinking throw everyone overboard as sacrifice to the primordial sea-goddess Thalassa so she may find mercy upon the rest” news, the Red Sox are interested in the Fernando Rodney Experience.
- Speaking of selling, our pals over at Twins Daily look at what we might expect to get in return for all the likely trade chips.
- The Hardball Times has an amazing historical piece on pre-integration baseball, from the mixed-race Union army pickup games, to the bevy of African-American teams fighting for integration long before Jackie Robinson.
Today’s soundtrack is Silent Hill 3, because July is spooky?
Remember to vote for Ed in that All-Star game final vote thing!