- Nominal Twins ace Jose Berrios has some big goals he still wants to accomplish this season, and he is in range to potentially do so. If he does reach his goals, it will put him in fairly elite company among Twins history, as only Dave Boswell and Bert Blyleven have reached the same milestones in or before their age 24 season.
- If you, unlike Berrios, have already moved on to 2019, I have good news. The MLB has announced the spring training schedules, so you can get that first game marked on your calendar. The Twins kick off baseball-that-doesn’t-count with a split squad day on February 23rd. They will host the Rays, and visit the Orioles.
- More good news for those of you looking at the future — Byron Buxton is finally healthy, and finally hitting! He is hitting .386 with 9 extra-base hits for the Red Wings. He will likely be called up to the big club in September, so let’s see if he can maintain the production.
- Both CBS Sports and Call to the Pen think the Twins have a candidate for an August trade: Logan Forsythe. Maybe they can get another long term asset out of the Brian Dozier deal after all.
- I don’t think anyone here doubts my irrational fandom of Kyle Gibson. In a quick video, FSN gets some of the other Twins pitchers to give us a window into Gibby’s “goofball” personality.
Thursday Twins: Blyleven, Boswell, and... Berrios?
Also includes good news for the future!