Just another beautiful Tuesday in September. Here are your links:
- The New York Times has a credited opinion piece about how former Yankee Tyler Austin is thriving with the Twins and I am going to lord this one over the Yankees because I CAN.
- Speaking of which — remember when Jason Kubel hit that grand slam off Mariano Rivera? Sure you do:
- Well I’m just on a roll now so screw it:
- For all you young whipper snappers, that is literally still the reason why you can only buy two dollar dogs at a time at Twins games. Before that it was literally like the Wild West. You could buy as many dollar dogs as your heart desired. Hell, you could still go up to any gate in any airport without even having a ticket.
- Nick Nelson wrote about where the Twins are getting it wrong over at Twins Daily, and spoiler alert but it’s the analytics! Kind of crazy, isn’t it?
- Remember that “failure” of a center fielder we had before Byron Buxton? Well he’s doing pretty darn well for himself now with the Yankees and wants us Twins fans to know we should be patient with Buxton.