- During a Twins Winter Caravan stop in Austin, MN; Jake Cave and Tyler Austin were convinced by Dick Bremer to try spam for the first time. Somehow this feels like a very Bremer move. Reportedly one of the Twins liked the canned meat significantly more than the other did.
- The Twins announced their minor league coaching staffs the other day. Brian Dinkleman will debut as a MiLB manager with the Cedar Rapids Kernels. Toby Gardenhire (aka Gardy the Younger) will move up to coach the Miracle.
- On the topic of Twins’ coaches, First Base Coach Tommy Watkins is getting a pretty neat honor. The Florida native will be presented with a key to the city of Ft. Myers next week.
- In case you’ve been under a rock, the son of former Twin Pat Mahomes is doing good things on the football field. ESPN took a look at how the younger Mahomes inherited his clutch play from his MLB father.
- Do-Hyoung Park took a deep look into the Twins’ catching situation, and it looks fairly rosy with the combination of Jason Castro and Mitch Garver, plus of course Willians Astudillo. I had to work him in here somewhere for you.
Dink and Gardy get promotions, Watkins gets honored, Pat Mahomes and catchers.