- According to Buster Olney, the Twins are one of the “Mystery Teams” in on both Bryce Harper and Manny Machado. This is big-if-true stuff! The Twins, of course, have a lot of payroll flexibility remaining, so this would be possible.
- Nick Nelson believes that there is a greater strategy at work for the Twins’ free agent moves during the reign of Falvine, and it goes way past the narrative of “the Twins are cheap.”
- Rocco Baldelli will get to meet most of his players this weekend at Twinsfest. He has talked to all of them by phone already, it seems. Two notable exceptions are Miguel Sano and Byron Buxton, because the new skipper has already traveled to meet the two potential stars.
- If everything shakes out as the Vegas odds suggest next season, the Twins would be looking at 84 1⁄2 wins. That would put them in the playoffs as the second AL Wildcard. Any guess who they would be playing? That’s right, the Yankees. Maybe this will be the team to end the Curse of Chuck Knoblauch.
- While playoffs sounds optimistic, Dave St. Peter is certainly taking an optimistic view of the 2019 Twins. Another big take-away from this interview, it sure sounds like the Falvine has an open checkbook for making moves... Like signing Harper or Machado?
Thursday Twins: We’re the mystery team!
And the Vegas odds have the Twins in the playoffs