- Kohl Stewart made a young fan’s day memorable during Twinsfest. Brandon Warne details the interactions between Stewart, who is a Type 1 Diabetic, and a girl with whom he shares the medical condition.
- On the topic of Stewart, Tom Froemming compiled some great quotes from the young pitcher about his offseason and the coaching staff. There are also quotes from new manager Rocco Baldelli, Joe Mauer, Taylor Rogers, and a bunch of upcoming prospects.
- Remember Dillon Gee? It feels like he pitched for the Twins forever ago, but it was really just a couple years. He recently announced his retirement from Major League Baseball, and we wish him the best in his future pursuits.
- Over at Cut4, the usual merriment ensues in a rundown of the best winter-weather related MLB-moments. Yes, of course a game played in Minnesota made the list, why else would I be linking it?
- Finally, while it’s not Twins-related, if you like baseball, poetry, and/or statistics, check out this piece over at Southside Sox by Leigh Allen. It’s a breakdown of the classic poem Casey at the Bat, from a sabermetric perspective, and I found it quite a fun read.
Thursday Twins: Kohl Stewart and cold weather
Kohl Stewart being a good guy and a good interview, winter moments, and poetry