I’m sorry to announce that this will NOT be my last piece here and you doofs are stuck with me for the foreseeable future. Better click some links!
- Nelson Cruz saw the Twins as a good landing spot while playing against them last year, per Phil Miller of the Strib. The ageless wonder seems like a really fun guy who may just become a fan favorite. According to Ken Rosenthal (subscrip needed yo) he even turned down longer offers to play with the Twinkies.
- You might have already heard, but the Twins DFA-ed pitcher Aaron Slegers. The 6’10” Slegers presumably felt lost after the retirement of fellow tall person Joe Mauer.
- Ty Bradley for MLBTR looked at three remaining needs for each AL Central team. You might have guessed a lot of those needs are acquire pitching pitchers who pitch, but also keeping Max Kepler around is key.
- Speaking of Max, Jim Chatterton of Pitcher List takes a deep dive on Kepler. A lot of people think him poised for a breakthrough and the interest of other teams in acquiring him seems to back that up. I assume that means he’ll be traded for some prospect that never pan’s out and immediately become an All-Star for his new team.
- Oh and by the way Willians Astudillo had an MVP caliber season (in Venezuela) and is up against who else but Delmon Young in the voting. Funny world.
Today’s soundtrack is Windwaker. Have a good week!