Previously on This Very Site Here, Whatever We Call It, I Forget:
- Matt looked back at our staff predictions for the now (for us anyway) completed season. It is a pretty solid reminder how the Bomba Squad came out of nowhere and into contention much earlier than anyone assumed. Maybe next year we should all expect to be barely over .500 again!
- Community Member (Wait, we have those?!) Jere.Johnson.somenumbers wrote about what it is like to be at Target field during the ALDS. Loud? Sad? The gathering place of a secret cabal of squirrels who have adorable little teeth into every facet of our economy and government? You’ll have to read it to find out, yo.
- That’s it. We have more today though! Read those instead of this, dumdums.
Elsewhere in Twins Territory:
- The Twins front office has already stated they plan to pursue front-of-the-rotation starters over the offseason, and according to the STrib’s Jimothy Souhan, Eddie Rosario is the perfect trade bait.
- Buster Olney of ESPN reports that the Twins are nearing a deal with Derek Falvey to keep him in the fold longer than his current contract. Which means that his partner in crime Thad Levine could leave before him in a few years and we’ll have to come up with a new cute couples name. Maybe we can just start calling him Flava-Falv.
- Meanwhile, the OTHER Derek, Bench Coach Derek Shelton isn’t long for this state. Considered a potential Manager candidate the league across, during an offseason where roughly 25% of teams want a new one, he’s probably gone. In fact he’s already interviewing with the Mets.
- Over at Twins Daily, Tom Froemming makes some good points about how improvements to the Twims sloppy-ass defense (my words, not his.) could go a long way to solve some run-prevention problems.
- The investigation into the death of Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs took some disheartening and troubling turns. At the very least, hopefully this is a catalyst to change the culture around baseball.
- Every other link ever is about the Yankees, and I’m not interested in reading them to know if they are worth linking, so that’s it I guess!
Today’s ost is Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers for the NES, because why wouldn’t it be?