Welcome to Monday Mourning Miniature Soda, where I lament how huge a “small” pop at a restaurant is compared to when I was younger. Hold on. I’m being told this is a baseball blog where I link things about the Minnesota Twins? Well, alright then.
Previously on Twinkle Town’s Next Top Idol:
- Sandwiches performed an emotional and tasteful interpretive write-up of the tragic firing of that one dude who is that bear mascot or whatever. Is this satire? I don’t even know!
- TJ, Dark Lord of Mattresses and Blogs graded Max Kepler’s season. I also give Max an A, but I’m not talking about baseball. (Imagine the entire rest of this post is just a billion wink emoji.)
Elsewhere in Twins Territory:
- Those hooligans over at Twins Daily are wondering if the Twins should move Mitch Garver to first-base. My immediate response was “lol no” but some of the points made are pretty solid.
- The Gold Glove finalists were announced in case you missed it, and my bestie Jose Berrios is among the finalists at Pitcher. The award is actually a huge joke, but I still want every Twin to win one every year. Fandom, man.
- Per the Strib, Derek Falvey turned down the opportunity to interview for the big boss job over in Boston. Take that, Red Sox.
- Bring Me The News brings you the news on the uncertain future of top prospect Nick Gordon. Consider said news brought.
The Wider World Of Balls of the Base Variety:
- Sun Deong-yeol may not be a name many Americans know. I certainly didn’t. But the Korean baseball legend’s MLB dreams were ruined by threats from the spy agency of a military dictatorship and he deserves a movie.
- The MLB itself is one that seems to be rife with controversies, from its seemingly endless crusade to disenchant non-males to the more mundane ones like “just make the balls the same all the time you guys, jeez this isn’t hard.” ESPN’s Emma Baccellieri wonders why anyone should trust the MLB anymore.
Today’s soundtrack is the Digimon theme, the peak of human musical accomplishment.
(Someone tell me what to write about I have no ideas.)