Previously on Twinkleton:
- Starting what I assume will be a series, and not just a very strange choice for a stand alone, Cooper Carlson predicted where the 26-30th ranked Free Agents will land. He’s currently one for one so, scientifically speaking, this piece has a guaranteed 100% success rate. Or your money back!
- It won’t be a GAMBLE to read Jonathan’s piece on theoretical expansion and re-alignment. I’m extremely proud of that joke. Fight me.
- Do announcers everywhere suck? My answer: Yeah probably. A real answer: this piece by Zach. Hire me and Hayden to call the Twins, you cowards.
- Community Jester, jere.johnson.37 dropped upon us a very-very-very Twinkie Town tale/s from an offseason. This is old-ish, but I like having as many links as possible!
Elsewhere in Twins Territory:
- Bat Flips and Nerds (which is an outstanding site name.) interviewed the one and only Max Kepler about the Euro baseball scene’s past, present, and future.
- In 2020, relievers will have to face 3 batters minimum, barring injury. This new rule effectively kills the LOOGY, and Twins Daily wonders what that could mean for the Twins left-handed hitters.
Former Tiger Blaine Hardy starting to attract teams needing lefty relief help as bullpen market gets moving. Twins among teams that have shown interest.— Jason Beck (@beckjason) November 23, 2019
- Speaking of left handed relievers, it seems the Twins are interested in Blaine Hardy. He has pretty even splits, in case you were wondering.
- Seth Stohs thinks the Twins should find the next Gerrit Cole. Simple as that, folks. (The real piece is actually good and not stupid like I just made it sound.)
The Wide World of Ballssssssssssss:
- It is Hall of Fame arguin’ season, and Beyond the Box Score’s Sheryl Ring has a take I agree with. Bobby Abreu belongs in the Hall.
- Elsewhere, an extremely interesting Fangraphs piece looks at former player’s union director, and the driving force behind the existence of Free Agency, Marvin Miller. Miller’s omission from the Hall of Fame due to the pettiness of men he beat at the bargaining table is a travesty.
- Move over Swarzak, Jordy Mercer found bigfoot.
Today’s soundtrack is from Streets of Rage 2, a game where you can be a little kid in roller-blades who beats the shit out of gang members.