With the MLB winter meetings still ongoing, the rumors are still flying around! Late last night, Gerrit Cole signed with the Yankees (boo!) which opens up the market for the next tier of pitchers.
#Dodgers will now shift their focus to free-agent left-hander Madison Bumgarner, sources tell The Athletic.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 11, 2019
- A number of teams are interested in talking about Eddie Rosario with the Twins
A number of teams have engaged with the Twins about Eddie Rosario. Nothing appears imminent, per source, but as the free-agent corner OF market begins to take shape, he could become an appealing alternative with two years of club control.— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) December 11, 2019
- One of those teams is apparently the Marlins, who are apparently going to attempt this “trying to win” thing in 2020?
Marlins have discussed Eddie Rosario with the Twins, per source. Asking price also extremely high. Miami’s new Bench Coach/Offensive Coordinator James Rowson has familiarity with Rosario.— Craig Mish (@CraigMish) December 11, 2019
- The Twins are apparently “licking” the tires on a few relievers as well, but consider that a lower priority.
- Another reliever name the Twins are interested in.
- Hawk Harrelson won the Ford C Frick award for being a good broadcaster. Did they listen to the same Hawk that I did?
- Late update: Hyun-Jin Ryu says that he is willing to come to Minnesota (in more-or-less words)
Latest on free agent LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu. He said there's no truth to report coming out of Minnesota that he wants to stay on the West Coast. Also said geography won't affect his decision. #mlb #freeagency— Jeeho Yoo (@Jeeho_1) December 11, 2019
That’s all we have for now. If any big news breaks, we’ll be back with another post. In the meantime, feel free to discuss, as usual, in the comments!