Hello! I’m here to supply you with some words to read to distract you from the start of another monotonous week in your dreary and pointless human existence. :)
Was told there are no active negotiations between the Twins and other members of their young core as of now. Could change in the coming weeks, as this is the time of year for such deals.— LaVelle E. Neal III (@LaVelleNeal) February 15, 2019
- Can’t have none of those! Despite reports that the Twins were aiming for extensions with Jose Berrios and Eddie Rosario, it appears now that the extension train only had the capacity for two. It’s more romantic that way.
- Max Kepler DID sign an extension though, and in case you didn’t believe me about his untapped potential; Here’s someone way smarter than me talking about it over on fangraphs.
- Miguel Sano has arrived in Fort Myers with less chonk upon his bod, and people are taking notice. Every spring training you here a lot about player’s bodies looking good or bad and it always feels really creepy to me. I love baseball but I really don’t want to analyze Willians Astudillo’s curvature or whatever.
- My main man Chucky Wal-Wal over at the Pioneer Press has the scoop on Twins President David St. Peter’s opinions on Derek Falvey and Thad Levine (Who are separate people apparently and not twins with the mononym Falvine who used to be a snyth-pop duo!) His opinion? They’ve met the standards.
- MLB and Fantasy Baseball Analyzed lists some candidates to surprise and disappoint this coming season. Jose Berrios is on the disappoint list, but at least new second basemen Johnathan Schoop is on the surprise list. A list that contains old second basemen Brian Dozier a spot ahead of him. Thanks Neil R. for ruining my life.
Haha, you all thought I would be posting video game music like some kind of nerdlady! I’ll have you know I’m much more intellectually refined this week. Here’s the end theme to an anime movie.