- Fangraphs’ Jay Jaffe took a look at the Marwin Gonzalez signing and how it is a very very Falvine era Twins move. Also Scott Boras apparently calls him “Swiss G” which really just makes me want one of those disgusting luke-warm gas station chicken and swiss sandwiches I used to live off of as a gross teenager.
- Charley Walters thinks that very signing signals that the Twins are serious about winning the AL central this year. I wouldn’t go that far, but thinking about it they have made a lot of low-key good signings. (Now just go get Dallas Keuchel, duh.)
- Max Kepler did this yesterday, reminding everyone he’s not just a pretty face. I sorta want to see him used as a Jacque Jones esque power lead off hitter.
Max power. #MNTwinsST pic.twitter.com/0Yozia2Geq— Minnesota Twins (@Twins) February 24, 2019
- Speaking of Max: New Twins coach Tommy Watkins taught a 16 year old Kepler how to drive a car. I wonder if one of them will teach me.
- In old friend news. former twinkie ace Ervin Santana signed a minor league contract with the White Sox. I’ve always liked Ervin, hopefully he pitches well (but not against us.)
- Mike Trout has been as good as both Manny Machado and Bryce Harper put together. Literally. Every once in a while we need to be reminded of how ridiculous that guy is, lest we take him for granted. This is similar to how Willians Astudillo is about as rotund as Manny and Bryce put together.
Today’s soundtrack is whatever I decide to put here later.