- Rocco Baldelli likes avocado toast. He is also younger than Nelson Cruz, the Twins’ projected DH. USA Today has a longform profile of the Twins’ “Millenial Manager,” in which they also look at his playing career, managerial influences, and it’s a good read even if you olds want to mock my generation.
- Byron Buxton has hit the cover off the ball in spring training so far. The biggest change for the young outfielder? Apparently his mindset, although he did also bulk up this offseason.
- Fangraphs ran an unusual look at some potential breakout hitters, and oh hey, look who made the list... the newly minted 35 million dollar man, Max Kepler. Let’s hope the optimistic view is correct on the Twins’ rightfielder.
- Dallas Keuchel, the free agent pitcher that many believe would help the Twins, is looking forward to meeting his new teammates... or old teammates... old teammates like Jason Castro and Marwin Gonzalez perhaps?
- Finally, while not Twins related per se, every baseball fan knows the impact of Tommy John Surgery. But not a lot of people know the full history, so Cut4 has a great primer. You want it to be Twins related? Fine, It’s what Michael Pineda is coming back from. What Lance Lynn had just come back from. Oh, and Trevor May. And Miguel Sano. And like half our top prospects. Can we just get a year without TJS? Please? Also, don’t read that as a year without TJ. I’m not that bad, am i?
Twins-day links: Rocco Baldelli eats avocado toast
and outfielders. Lots of news about outfielders.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.