- Martin Perez has found a mentor in the
temporarilyretired Johan Santana. Betsy Helfland at the Pioneer Press has the scoop. Perez has impressed this spring with a noticeable uptick in velocity and looks like he might be a solid pickup. You may remember me saying it felt silly when the historically poor Perez was signed, forcing the Twins to DFA Chase De Jong. Well, De Jong cleared waivers and Perez is looking hot, so take this as yet another reminder that I am always wrong about everything.
- Except screw corporations, I’m right about that. What a smooth transition to this piece about how the MLB forces minor leaguers to work day and night for months at spring training without any real pay!
- Twins Daily’s Matt Braun looks at historical precedent for how many innings we might expect from recent Tommy John haver and pitch thrower Michael Pineda.
- MLB.com listed every team’s “most indispensable player.” Do you agree with their choice for the Twins? Or is the correct answer obviously everyone’s favorite noun, Willians Astudillo.
Who is the most indispensable Twin?
This poll is closed
- TJ locks me in a cage with no food if I don’t mention Willians every Monday
- Send help!
Hey look its music from a game you’ve never heard of! (Journey to Silius had, in my opinion, the most impressive music to ever come out of a NES.)