- Remember how you learned in our last link dump that the Twins were discussing an extension with
the love of TJ’s lifeKyle Gibson? Well, haha, never mind!
Twins extension talks with Kyle Gibson have been tabled for now. Twins made an offer but sides determined they weren’t close at this time.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) March 17, 2019
- In other minor news I feel like might have been noted somewhere, but am unsure enough to relay: Tyler Duffey and Chase De Jong are no longer in big league camp. The Twins camp is now down to 21 pitchers, which means at least 4 non pitchers will make the team. True facts.
- The Twins lead the majors in dingers this spring, which means absolutely nothing but sure is fun! Who doesn’t love a good dinger? (I’m so happy with this joke link, you don’t even know.)
- The MLB recently changed a whole bunch of rules around, most likely for the better. The gains, however, might be pretty minimal at first. Unless that is, this is the start of something bigger.
- Speaking of those rule changes, here’s what some Twins think about them, per Betsy Helfland of the Pioneer Press. “When it comes down to it, teams and players are working together to try to get the best game possible for the fans,” says Kyle “lord of the balls” Gibson.
Hey, MLB hear that! Maybe make it so said fans can watch their team’s games live without paying a bazzilindy dollars to get an outdated subscription model on a technology the mythical young folk barely ever use.
- That last bit had nothing to do with anything, I just hate blackouts.
While I take a week to refresh my library of video game music that is good, but also not so obscure that absolutely no one will remember it here but me, here’s some 90’s space rock!