If you’re like me, you had half the week off, worked for three miserable days without time to take a breath, and stumbled into the weekend missing a few articles from your favorite Twins blog. If you’re not like me, you’re lucky and you’re all caught up, but maybe you need a refresher on some great articles that came up this week.
Here’s what you missed this past week here at Twinkie Town:
- Spring Training is apparently still a thing right now, and a non-roster invitee exercised his opt-out clause while the Twins made some cuts on Wednesday and Friday, including a promising prospect who recently moved to the bullpen.
- Speaking of Spring Training, Ben takes a look at the studs and duds of the Twins from last week’s Grapefruit League games.
- Cole takes a look at Martin Perez’s new pitching approach and what we could see from him this year. He also makes a prediction on Perez’s year with the Twins.
- Matt makes his case about Ryne Harper and his nasty curveball being a legitimate candidate for the bullpen.
- Jonathan takes a look at the competition for the fourth outfielder spot: Jake Cave and Michael Reed. He wants to know who you think the Twins’ fourth outfielder should be.
- We’re counting down the days to Opening Day with a preview of each position! We’ve covered the DH, and each of the outfield positions so far. Make sure to follow along around the diamond!
- Check out our latest Community Discussion post and weigh in on the second-best trade in Twins history!
- Last, but not least, our annual prospect vote is nearing the end for this off-season, but it’s not too late to vote for who you think is our 28th best prospect in the farm system!