Good Monday morning, Minnesota (and others.) I’m your host, some idiot, and here’s a whole mess of links! Today’s rockin’ soundtrack is from Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin, a game that I really really like.
Previously on Twinkie Town:
- Our new writer
Agent Cooper Cooper Carlson made his debut with a piece on the recent successes of my future husband, Max Kepler. It is a top not piece and you should read it!
- TJ thought up some drink ideas based on Twins players and probably comes as close as he ever has to insulting Kyle Gibson, the exalted one. Bad jokes, or BEST jokes? (Both?)
- SooFoo Fan recapped yesterday’s riveting game, may we all take a moment to appreciate Trevor Hildenberger for both being good and having an amazing name.
Elsewhere in Twins Territory:
- Batflips are so yesterday. Twins AA pitcher Dusten Knight BACKFLIPS when gets a save. Someone get me the unwritten rules on that one. I’m pretty sure if I could do standing backflips I would find every excuse to pull one out. Watching Jeopardy and you know the answer? Backflip. Song you like comes on the radio? Stop the car, get out, backflip. Someone in the supermarket tries to talk to me? Backflip, and then run away.
- It looks like Paul Molitor isn’t ruling out a return to baseball, or the Twins. (I don’t actually know more than that because this is an Atheltic piece and I don’t have a subscription, but hey! Fun teaser!)
- No one seems to know when Addison Reed will return from the IL. I mean, if I had to guess I would say 10 days after he was put on it.
- This pitch.
Trevor Hildenberger, 93mph Fastball/Motion Tail. pic.twitter.com/LjvFRIK40U— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) April 14, 2019
The Wide World of Bases and Balls:
- Chris Davis recently snapped his horrible horrible streak of never-get-a-hit and it is hard not to feel happy for the guy. This ESPN piece is pretty feel-goody about the whole thing.
- Players keep getting more and more pissed off at Umpires being Ump-should-probably-be-fireds. (Its the best pun I could come up with, deal with it.)
Have a nice week, dummies!