Hi guys! Welcome to what the cool kids call MonMorMin. And by cool kids, I mean Tawny. She couldn’t make it today. Something about being too cool for us nerds. Nevertheless, the show must go on, even if you are stuck with a far lesser talent.
So, the things and stuff that happened around Twinkie Town this weekend
- The Twins hit about 27,000 dingers against the Orioles. They swept Baltimore again. If you missed any recaps, they are here, here, and here.
- Unfortunately, Willians Astudillo injured himself running the bases, and had to go to the IL. Bad things are happening around Twins Territory, due to this unprecedented tragedy.
Other people published things about the Twins this weekend too.
- Cleveland dot com wants to know who has the edge in the AL Central. If you’re on this site, you probably think the Twins do. If you’re from Cleveland, you might think that other team does. The ones with the racist mascot. They can’t make a convincing case though, so lets just say Minnesota has the edge? Maybe?
- The Bring Me The News folks crunched the numbers on how hot of a start the Twins have had. In the last quarter century, only the 2001 Twins had a hotter start. Still, this next stretch of games is going to be a real test for the Twins, starting tonight when Houston comes to town.
- Prospect Guru Jim Callis looked at the contenders for Vlad Jr’s recently vacated title of “baseball’s top prospect” and a couple of guys in the Twins system are on the short list, despite injuries and slow starts hindering them a bit.
Oh, and there is other baseball stuff, besides just the Twins
- As Cubs infielder Addison Russell attempts to come back from an altogether too short suspension for being a shitty human being, the Cubs are attempting to silence and control the media narratives around Russell. Be warned — comments on this topic WILL be heavily moderated.
So the @Cubs are making a concerted effort to control the narrative w/r/t Addison Russell. They're approving positive "redemption" stories, and in private going after those commentators who are critical of Russell and the Cubs' approach.— Sheryl Ring ⚾️ ⚖️ "The Counselor" (@Ring_Sheryl) April 28, 2019
- Baseball players have long been known for hurting themselves in stupid ways. Alex Reyes, a top prospect on the Cardinals Triple-A affiliate, will be missing around three weeks of baseball, because he broke his finger punching a wall in frustration after a short start.
- Who hasn’t had a little too much beer, and ended up with a “party foul” by sloshing their beer all over? For one fan, his party foul ended up sloshing beer all over Ryan Braun of the Milwaukee Brewers. The fan attempted to use his cold mug of suds as a baseball catching device. It did not go well.
- MLB.com created a clickbaity list of every team’s best throwback unis. They got the answer 100% correct for the Twins, and WHY WON’T THE TEAM BRING BACK POWDER BLUE!?!?!
If you’re around my age, there is a decent chance you spent way too much time playing this game, musical selection of the day
It took my wife literally less than ten seconds to ask me “why are you playing RollerCoaster Tycoon music.” I knew I married her for a reason.
The topic you can discuss or ignore, it doesn’t hurt my feelings at all when you don’t I promise... [breaks down into inconsolable sobbing]
What was your first job, and how old were you?