Bonjourno to the daily open thread! Chillax, eat some eggs and bacon, and have some good conversation.
In case you did not read the Twinkie Town Tribune yesterday:
- The Twins won against the Phillies and Brandon hooks you up with a recap of the game.
- Because of the unplanned bullpen game on Friday night, the Twins made a roster move.
- Zach unlocked one of the mysteries of the universe for us - and it involves a teen-heartthrob.
- T.C. Bear vs Phillie Phanatic: Is it even a competition? Here’s a few reasons to point you in the correct direction.
In the world of the Minnesota Twins:
- Tyler Kepner of The New York Times takes a look at Twins pitching coach Wes Johnson and what his philosophy is for pitchers. (He has more than one!)
- Call to the Pen takes a look at what Nelson Cruz has to do to reach the 500 Home Run Club. (It’s a tall order.)
- Betsy Helfand of the St Paul Pioneer Press talks with a couple Twins pitchers about preparing to step up to the plate in National League ballparks as well as which Twins pitcher is probably the best at the plate.
In the universe of baseball:
- A former Twins pitcher is nearing the same amount of game appearances as Cy Young, and MLB.com takes a look at some other interesting facts and it’s quite the experience. (FORESHADOWING!!!!)
- In case you forgot, Craig Kimbrel continues to sit in the massive void called free agency, and Sporting News takes a look at some teams that could sign him in a couple months due to some early bullpen woes. (The Twins are not one of the teams, sorry.)
- You know how the Cubs raise a W flag every time they win at Wrigley Field? Well some Brewers fans decided to do something like that when the Cubs went to Milwaukee and lost, and even face being arrested because of it. Our friends at Brew Crew Ball have the scoop.
- Everyone’s into may-mays, right? Brush up on your baseball terminology with fancy Winnie the Pooh memes.
Today’s discussion question:
Besides baseball, what are you excited for this summer?