You voted and the majority of you decided that yes, yes I get to pretend I’m special and name my thing differently. Perfect. Here’s music!
Previously on Twinkie Town:
- Cole Schuessler wondered if José Berriós was the ace the Twins have been looking to find for what feels like roughly my lifespan. This piece also has cool graphs that make you go all “ooh” and “aaahh.”
- James Fillmore did that thing he does where he blabbers about some topic in that way only an old person can, and it is entertaining and chocked full of life lessons. This one is about baseball video games.
- Hayden A. recapped the baseball game that happened yesterday in our possibly simulated reality. That’s right, our reality might be a simulation. Don’t attack me in the comments!
Elsewhere in Twinkiedom
- MLBTR thoroughly reviewed the Twins offseason. It might be late, but it still a fun refresher course.
- Betsy Helfland reports that Miguel Sano has started baseball activities. I’ve always kinda wondered what exactly that means. Like holding a baseball? Picturing a bat in your minds eye? Existing within the same dimension as the very concept of baseball?
- Meanwhile Declan Goff of Bring Me the News wonders if the Twins even need Sano to take the central crown. I don’t know, I’m not a fortune teller.
- FiveThirtyEights Willians Astudillo article has already been linked here, but I’m going to link it again because it is super great, but also because the world needs to see this video:
I’m in love with Willians Astudillo.
General Baseball Crap:
- Fangraphs’ Sheryl Ring looks at umpshows and the question of “Can umpires really just do whatever they want?” Robot umps when?
- Robot players when?
- I just want Basewars for the NES in real life, is that so much to ask?
Have a lovely day, pals.