Previously on Twinkie Town:
- SooFoo fan recapped the Twins win, if you are into that sort of thing. Hit a billion dingers and scored all the runs? Yawnorama, am I right? Do something new, Twins.
- Get more links here, as I have a habit of using them all up for Sunday and then having nothing to link for Monday.
Elsewhere in Twins Territory:
- The trade deadline is (almost kinda) coming up, and the Twins will almost assuredly be looking to add a few new friends. However, that also means the Twins will have to give up a few current friends in return. Twins Daily scours the minors for possible trade chips. Which chip would you hate to see go? I really did Wander Javier, for instance.
- The Runner Sports has a superlative laden look into the Twins surprise success. I don’t know about you guys, but even though everyone and their grandma has wrote a “wow the Twins are really good this year!” piece, I am absolutely not tired of reading them. Milk this season for all it is worth, I say. You think Yankee and Red Sox fans are annoying? You aint seen me during the one season in my adult life that the Twins are actually really good.
- The Twins have really good pitching depth in the minors too. What a strange world we live in.
Around the World of Baseball:
Today’s soundtrack is brought to you by me saying “Twinkie Town Talk” as “Dinky Down Dock” aloud to myself like a freakin’ weirdo, and then thinking it sounded like a Mario 64 level. Cool story.