It’s been a couple days since we’ve done this and it’s an off day for the Twins, so here’s a whole bunch of links to carry you through the day!
From the past few days at Twinkie Town:
- Cole takes a look at Taylor Rogers and goes as far to call him the A word. (Not that bad word - the one that pitchers are called sometimes.)
- TeamCrazyMatt brings us the news about Jake Odorizzi winning the American League Player of the Week honors.
- You have a fever and the only prescription you need is more Twins t-shirts. We have that prescription for you!
- Kyle provides us with a minor league upda- ALEX KIRILOFF IS BACK!
- The Twins won against the Blue Jays on Monday!
- ...and on Tuesday!
- ...and brought the brooms last night!
From the past few days around Twins Territory:
- Michael Rand of the Minneapolis Star Tribune takes a look at some crazy numbers surrounding the Twins so far this season.
- Those $5 seats that the Twins were offering for the rest of the month? SOLD. OUT. But they’re offering $5 ballpark passes for the remaining home games this month now and you have to buy them by 10p tonight.
- Jason Castro got hit by a pitch on his elbow on Monday night, so who was the Twins’ emergency catcher? Betsy Helfand of the St Paul Pioneer Press has more on that.
- Here is proof that someone believes in the Twins (and it’s not ESPN).
- Addison Reed started his rehab games with the Rochester Red Wings on Tuesday.
- Golfing at Target Field? Whaaaaat? (Oh, and here’s a related picture of Joe Mauer.)
From the past few days in Major League Baseball:
- The first no-hitter of MLB’s 2019 season is in the books and it’s the second no-hitter of this pitcher’s career AND it’s MLB’s 300th no-hitter in history.
- It’s not even a third of the way through this season and there’s already an article about managers on the hot seat.
- Would you hire a Jeopardy champion at your place of employment? A bunch of MLB teams apparently would.
- Baseball America takes a look at six teams that could be homes to MLB expansion teams.
- ...and one of those cities will be meeting with MLB about that topic.
Need a conversation topic?
Out of any sports team, major or minor league, what is your favorite team nickname?