Previously on Twinkie Town:
- The Twins lost on fathers day, dishonoring fathers everywhere. SooFoo (More like SooGoo...dwriter) recapped all the misery and woe for your enjoyment.
- Watch Joe Mauer’s retirement ceremony and cry. Cry in front of your boss. Cry WITH your boss. Cry with your entire staff until productivity collapses and your business has to declare bankruptcy. Thanks Joe!
- Cooper Carlson wrote a delightful showcase of Joe Mauer’s hall of fame candidacy. Meanwhile behind the scenes I’ve been beheading anyone who says Mauer is NOT a hall of famer.
- Unrelated: Help, I need money for bail and a good lawyer.
- Imakesandwichesforaliving is a talented dude and now we have a new Facebook Header!
Twins Joe Mauer Territory:
- Fox Sports has some great photos from Mauer Day. Almost crying Joe makes me cry every time. He’s too pure for this world.
- MLB.com has a bunch of videos of former players talking about Joe. The name “Joe” is one letter away from being “Joke” and yet I can think of no jokes.
- The mothership has a piece on the Twins offseason acquisitions paving the way to leading the majors in, says here, all of the categories.
- Rumors of a Twins-Giants trade for Madison Bumgarner are something to monitor, but are likely premature. I don’t really want Madison Bumgarner, but from a writers perspective, the pun potential is outrageous. Calling him “Mad Bum” is tired, but what about “Mad is on Bum?” Why is he mad? Why is he on a bum? So many unanswered questions! The future pieces write themselves!
Around the World in Baseball:
- Edwin Encarnacón is a Yankee now, and this Beyond the Box Score piece on how he’ll fit into a stacked New York lineup has me already having nightmares of losing to them in the playoffs. Pls no.
In honor of Joe Mauer, today’s soundtrack is a chiptune version of What You Know by T.I.